Best of 2009 Mixtape ..... so far!


Following the example of the main two Music blogs based in Ireland here and here I've decided to summarise 2009 with a mixtape.

A big thanks to everyone visiting my little page and for the few comments I been getting. The hit counter seems to be increasing and the comments justify the pleasurable effort I put into the blog so again a big thanks for them!

Just a little reminder that I won't be posting anything on this blog until Sunday 12th July. If you can make it to Boyles tomorrow night we have a superb line-up of Bill Coleman, Henrietta Game, Arrow In The Sky and Mickael Lenel.


Sixteen Layers - Into The Sun MySpace

Heritage Centre - Your Leaders Are Dead MySpace

Groom - Mythical Creatures MySpace

Alphastates - Taste MySpace

I Am Not Lefthanded - Everybody Sleeps MySpace

Melophobia - Final Rest Stop MySpace

Dark Room Notes - The Same City Awaits Me MySpace

Super Extra Bonus Party - 2 MySpace

Garret Baker - For A Pittance MySpace

Peter Doran - Pathways MySpace

The Resistance - Spinning Tops MySpace

Colin Devlin - Innocent World MySpace

Foy Vance - Hold Me Now MySpace

Martin Finke - Bad Wine MySpace

Arrow In The Sky - Little Puritan MySpace


Just a note..... all this only works when you the reader checks out the artists myspace, goes to a gig or buys some music from the artists!

Comments

Ronan said…
Great mixtape Peter, you should compile it all in a .zip or .rar file to make it easier to download.

I'm loving it though.

Enjoy your holidays and the Sessions tomorrow.
JG said…
Good choices, Peter. I wasn't aware of a lot of them so I'll check them out.

I would add Readers Wives and Alias Empire (formerly Dry County) as excellent Dublin bands who are playing great lives shows at the moment.
Peter said…
thanks for the comment JG, yeah I need to check out them 2 bands a little more. And Ronan you mean it would be easier for you if it was a big rar file! Glad you're liking the mix!
Nay said…
Nice one Peter!
Anonymous said…
We have immense talent here in this lil country of ours. I liked most of the tracks, particularly Alphstates, Arrow in the Sky, and the Resistance who I have heard before. I wasn't able to play the Melophobia track tho from the fileden site for some reason? Keep up the good work man!