Herm Invades 2UIBestow [Part 5]

Me and my band The Hermanos – or my band The Hermanos and I - are launching our new single in Whelan’s, Dublin, this Saturday night so I thought I’d write about what goes into preparing for a gig like this…


The B-side

Me and the Hermanos have never recorded anything as a band in a studio before, so we decided to record a new song to use as a B-Side to ‘Rearrange’. We went into Porchlight Studios a couple of weeks ago and emerged a few relatively stress-free hours later with a good version of a new song. ‘Who’s Blue?’ harks back to the early 1990s, when bands such as Pavement and Nirvana ruled the world…

In my tight-fisted wisdom, I decided to mix it myself. Mixing is both a science and an art and is more complicated than I think I’ll ever understand. But I love a challenge (and hate spending money). So, after a few days in reverb, compression and EQ hell, and with help from the Hermanos, here’s what we settled on ..... check it out on our MySpace!


http://www.myspace.com/hermwork


Who's Blue? by Hermwork


Big thanks to Herm for the week's residency of the blog!

Get yourselves here tomorrow:


Comments