Live Review: Eric McGrath - The Olympia, Dublin April 17th

Dubliner Eric McGrath supported Bic Runga in The Olympia, Dublin last night to a decent sized and attentive crowd. Support slots must be difficult as the crowd are not there for you specifically. Those in attendance certainly enjoyed his set as much as I did and gave the songs an appreciative reception.

It was my first time seeing Eric live with his band, Heiter Martins on Bass and John Ohle on drums. They added a lovely jazzy feel to Eric's folk sound. Eric's songwriting and delivery on stage were top class with current single 'Let's Get Curious' and 'A Lost Romance' the highlights for me.

Eric's set confirmed to me that he is a considerable talent whose debut album out in the Summer will be simply fantastic.




http://www.facebook.com/EricMcGrathMusica

I also really enjoyed Bic Runga's set. She had a very talented backing band including drums, bass, guitar, keys and harp. She has a great voice, superb stage presence and some really thoughtful songs which surprised me somewhat. Among the highlights of her set were the singles 'Something Good', 'Sway' and the Mexican sounding 'This Girl's Prepared For War'.



Comments