2Day's Tune: Perry Blake - New Year's Wish

2Day's Tune is the new feature for 2013 where Monday - Friday I'll post a song by way of Soundcloud, Bandcamp or YouTube in a varied and random way.

Perry Blake - New Year's Wish

This is a beautiful song from Sligo's Perry Blake and sums up for me anyway the limitations of them pesky resolutions we carry around in our pockets during the early months of the year.




Streets are full of people
Laughter echoes through the halls
Christmas makes me dizzy
I have many friends to call

And pockets full of promises
I tried to keep them all
Calling out for someone
To replace the one that's gone

Sparkles like the diamond
That you've hidden in your room
I look into this night sky
And I wondor, where are you?

And winter's full of memories
That summer leaves behind
A new year's wish, an offering
To give another try

And pockets full of promises
I tried to keep them all
Calling out for someone
To replace the one that's gone


Perry Blake News: According to his Wikipedia page Perry is busy working on an electronic pop album entitled ESB [Electro Sensitive Behaviour] with a single being released in February. 

Comments