Republic of Scotland Special - Top 5 Scottish Songs

Top 5 Scottish Songs,
by Peter N

Whatever happens in the week ahead Scotland will have it's unique cultural identify in the limelight regardless of it's governance. I got into a lot of indie Scottish bands in the early 90s and now I want to share a few tunes from Scotland that ignited a fire in me! 

Disclaimer: I Will NOT Walk 5000 Miles!

1. Trashcan Sinatras - I've Seen Everything

Taken from the 1993 album of the same title, I've Seen Everything is a gorgeous slice of pop music from Glascow band Trashcan Sinatras. http://trashcansinatras.com/


2. Idlewild - Roseability

Idlewild were very hit and miss for me, some 'hits' never did it for me but 'Roseability' is a great tune, super lyrics and that catchy quality that made my world a little more enjoyable in my early 20s.


3. Lloyd Cole - Woman in a Bar

Lloyd Cole = Scotland's Greatest Songwriter!


4. John Martyn - May You Never

Oh wait, John Martyn beats Lloyd Cole easily ......


5. Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid

Guilty Pleasure but oh so pleasurable .....


Aye and remember kids ......

Comments