Interview: Ane Brun

Interview: Ane Brun
Photo credit: Aida Chehrehgosha
Ane Brun is an exceptional artist and we're delighted she took time out of her schedule to give us an interview. 
See Ane Brun in Vicar Street on December 7th for one night only in Ireland as part of her European Tour - tickets on sale now. http://www.vicarstreet.ie/component/eventlist/details/10790-ane-brun-returns-to-vicar-street.html


1.    Tell me about yourself?
Hi, my name is Ane Brun.  I was born in 1976 in Molde, Norway, and I am a Norwegian singer/ songwriter.  Since 2003 I have 11 albums.

2.     Where are you based for most of the year?
I´ve lived in Stockholm, Sweden, since 2001.

3.    What musical achievements are you most proud of?
I´m very proud of all the music I´ve written and recorded, and I´m proud of the fact that I´ve managed to spread my music into the world all from my own independent label, since 2003. 

4.    What are you working on now?
I´ve just released a new single ”Directions” and finished my sixth album with all new material to be released in September this year. 

5.    Name something unique about you or/and your music?
My voice and my songs and my versions of other people´s songs. 

6.    What is the best song ever written?
Impossible question, but if I have to mention one great song I´d pick ”Without You” by Harry Nilson



7.    What's the best album ever made?
Also an impossible question, but a great album is ”Wild Is The Wind” by Nina Simone

8.     What are your future plans?
To release my new album and then tour Europe in 2015, and North America in 2016. 

9. Last question, ...... Make Us Laugh
I´m a dog person myself, and I don´t trust cats, so I find this video very entertaining!:






Check out the awesome official video for Ane Brun's new single Directions


Comments